Breaking News

HILL VIEW COLLEGE IN KIBUKU DISTRICT READY TO REOPEN WITH 1,500 STUDENTS

Billy Fred explaining the level of preparedness of the school

BY LAWRENCE OKWAKOL

KIBUKU: SATURDAY, JANUARY 1, 2022

Billy Fred Magino the executive director of Hill View College Bulangira in Kibuku district said they have put everything in place which include SOPs and expect 1,500 students to report to school on the reopening day.

Magino said before Covid-19 pandemic led to a lockdown the school had 1,200 students and was manned by 40 teachers and 38 none teaching staff.

He said in order to maintain social distance they have replaced the three seater desks with single seats.

“On vaccination, honestly 80% of our staffs are fully vaccinated and the other 20% are left with the last jab of which the last five people will have theirs on January 6, 2022.

Kagino said basing on the prevailing circumstances the school will maintain tuition of sh380,000 for all students apart from senior four that will pay sh410,000.

“The season has not been good, there is scarcity of maize and beans but we shall not raise fees for our learners,” Kagino reiterated.

Simon Paide, the school’s director of studies, said the teachers are prepared and they have been inducted on how to handle students who have taken long without following school regulations and have been living a life of “to whom it may concern.”

Jennifer Namuyangu, the state minister for Bunyoro affairs who is also the woman member of parliament for Kibuku, said all schools in the district must abide by the guidelines generated by ministry of education and sports.

Namuyangu said what is key is the handling of pregnant and breastfeeding students which all administrators must consider and avoid inflicting more trauma in already stigmatized girls.

About westniletoday

Check Also

NTUNGAMO DISTRICT LAUNCHES MASS POLIO VACCINATION

BY VAN DEGURAS NTUNGAMO: THURSDAY, JANUARY 13, 2022 The campaign that will take three days …

One comment

  1. This is an excellent preparedness of the school. I also like the openess and optimism by the school Management.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *